Sunday, August 30, 2009

This is Dedicated to You~~ (My) Jill Scott


So despite you having a big head and always walking around in cheatah leopard tiger monkey some type of animal print looking like you about to fly away to the jungle, looking for George so you can swing on his vine, I just wanted you to know:

YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

At least by me and that child that seems to believe that he actually lives at your house.


In this day and age, it's not too many peeps my age (or younger) that give me cause to pause and peruse their life story. Or, give me reason to pause and notice them at all. I mean your attire alone stops me in my tracks, usually cuz I am trying to find my phone so I can take a pic and send it to Ghetto Hot Mess and call PETA and the fashion police at the same time, but I overlook all of your fashion faux pas, because the truth of the matter is, when you get right down to it, all that matters is your heart (and the fact that my lil cuzzo did not pick up your fashion taste makes it easier, you grown, you have earned the right to do you, urgh!).

You are a very selfless person, even when you have earned the right to be selfish. You came when no one else would come. You pick up slack that I don't even realize is there. You love with no strings attached. You have cleared the way for me to make my long, overdue journey back to the middle and for this and much more......





Thank you for being you because it makes it so much easier for me to be me (non-violent). So go on Cuzzo and put on that zebra shirt with those red pants and cheetah shoes, sure my stomach will drop and my eyes will hurt, but at the end of the day, I will love you the same.

"Many would like to believe that they are self-made men or women...I know that I did not get this far without having God above me and the family that are my friends and the friends that are my family (no, not one in the same) surrounding me, pushing me, protecting me, and most importantly LOVING ME. Without them, I am not nothing, but it doesn't make for much to write home about."


~Gotta Luv Moi, Cuz I Surely Do (Smooches)



Sidebar: So, I will be doing a series of You Are Appreciated or This is Dedicated To You cuz it is very healthy to thank those who have done something for you and sometimes to you. I will at least try and make it monthly if not weekly.


Also, since I am having technical difficulties, I am gonna have to blog twice in a day at times, please bear with me...sometimes I just can't be holding all this stuff in my head, it might explode. (smile) and for those of you asking for pics from my getaway, send me your FB link.


ONE LUV.


3 comments:

  1. Great idea for a series. I agree, we don't say thanks to excessive jungle pattern wearers enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmbo.. exactly even though she acted like she didn't like me putting her out there about her clothing she surely put a Face Book posting letting peeps know she had been thanked..

    but i had to thank her, she helped open all that mail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... this is such a great series idea. LOL @ your cousin's fashion statement. Hey! She loves it and she's pure fabulousness! LOL

    ReplyDelete