I received another award and I am so thankful! Yall just don't know what these awards do for my blogging esteem. Makes me want to sit down and write more (yes, it is possible for me to write more.)
I was given this award by Chic Mama please travel the big blue ocean to her world. She is a Brit ; ) and guess what, she is going thru the same madness that some of us are going through in the U.S. Confirms that people are people and that we all are connected by a common thread regardless or race, color, or religion.
So I gots to list five things I am thankful for and pass this along to five other peeps:
*digging in my bag* This awards goes to the following five peeps:
Fat Girl LadyLee
KCCM Ms. Frenchie (yes the one from American Idol)
whoo. Now that that's out of the way let me get right down to it. I have to admit that this is something I need to do more of. Ms. Chic Mama does this weekly and others journal about it...me, sometimes I am just too busy looking for Manna to see the blessing sitting right in front of me. So are five things that I am grateful for in no particular order.
1. I am grateful for having a relationship with a loving, forgiving God. He is the best, believe that.
2. I am grateful for having REAL people around me who are ready to protect me and love me, even if it has to be on my own terms.
3. I am grateful for learning at a young age that the only difference between me and the peeps I see in them million dollar homes is opportunity and that some opportunities you have to let pass you by because you will wind up giving up more of yourself than what you will get in return.
4. I am grateful for my never say die attitude...it has gotten me pass points where a lot of peeps have packed up and gone home.
5. I am grateful for the people who take the time out of their busy schedules to read what's going on in my world, in my head...let's me know that I do have a story to tell and that someone is interested in hearing it.
Well that's it for now.
Please note that this is a very bad week for me emotionally. I don't really know how I am going to be..or how my blog is going to be..it's liable to be all over the place...I may not blog..I may not Tweet. I just don't know. But know that I will be okay...I think I am going to take this week and reflect and really come to terms with how my life changed dramatically 10 years ago this week...
"I am grateful that right when I am at my breaking point, right when I have had enough, right when I am throwing in the towel and about to walk away that God doesn't allow anything else to happen to me that would certainly cause me to lose all faith and hope. Sometimes you gots to be grateful that nothing wrong is going on in your life even if it's just for that moment...that second."