Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dopeboy Blessings


It's funny how things that are out of place are either falling into place or out of my life. I am in a really good place right now. I am in motion. I am focusing. I am discussing. I am releasing. I am living. But most importantly, I am accepting and I am changing.


Each day I am accepting who I am: the good, the bad, the ugly. And boy let me tell you there is a lot of bad and ugly up in here, but can you blame me? But, there is a sprinkle of good which has done wonders for me and others.

I often focus on the negative and not the positive because it just seems like there is so much of it, it overshadows, covers, smothers the goodness. Today, I choose to focus on my blessings.

So, as many of you know I am on crutches and have to contend with Chucky and Chucky's Bride. It has been really hard for me to get around because 1. My car won't start because the battery is dead and I am blocked in by the snow 2. I am not brave enough to do public transportation with Chucky's Bride while hopping, sliding on crutches.


Well, I have been receiving blessings on top of blessings this week, right when I needed them. So, as I stated, my car battery died on me because my car has been sitting for a week. So do you know the store manager from AutoZone came over, unhooked my battery, carried it back tot the store and charged it up so that I could at least start my car up if I ever got myself dug out. Then the other day when I needed to get to the hospital and it appeared as if every cab in the District was either already on a job or broken, a city worker offered to give me a ride to the hospital free of charge. What a blessing because Mama didn't really have roundtrip cabfare.

So today when the neighborhood dope boy came to shovel my car out (yeah I paid him, but that's a different story) and caught me when I was falling on the ice, I had to chuckle. Now when dope boy had another dope boy come and swoop us to take me to get them monsters so I wouldn't be late getting them, I couldn't help but smile. I mean it must pay to be genuine because I have always kept my foot up dope boy #1's butt, trying to push him to realize what he could get out of life if he just worked for it. Now I will say that I was more than concerned when we got pulled over by the Po-Pos, but even that was uneventful. I mean they were more concerned with making Chucky's Bride happy than with searching the vehicle. Cause lawd only knows what these jokers may have had in that car, but I don't think DB1 would roll like that with me in the car because I am kinda like his L7 big sister.

So I managed to buy another battery and guess who put it in...You guessed it: Autozone's Store manager and when I went to retrieve my key from the store's safe, another manager was like "you must be a special person, you must be a really nice person...it seems like you get a lot of people to go out of their way for you." And you know what, he's absolutely, without a doubt, right.

I am special and I do go out of my way for people. So even though everyone else seemed astounded at the sight of the neighborhood pushers clearing the snow from around my car and helping me to and fro across the ice, I knew I was just getting back what I had put out there.


"Luv thy neighbor as thyself cuz you never know when you gonna need that crackhead, that prostitute, that old bathrobe wearing lady, or that person of a different hue that you don't like to bestow God's blessings upon you."

~Gotta Luv Moi, Cuz I Surely Do (smooches)

2 comments:

  1. Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle. It's amazing how help comes in the oddest of ways. Sooooo, inquiring minds want to know how did you pay him....hmmmm. I'll leave that alone. LOL...and to answer your question, yes, it is a paid position for my student worker, but I gave her THE TALK and she couldn't see anything she did wrong. Yada, yada, yada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Queen BEE,

    girl trust he didn't get any pole action. lmbo. i gave him a 20, he a sweetie.. i try to keep him on the straight and narrow.
    wow, it's a paid position and she acting like that and she 27...yeah, i ain't got nothing... is she of the darker hue?

    ReplyDelete