Saturday, July 25, 2009

Expecting a Full Return


So, I am not and probably never will be a girly girl. It's just not in me. I just don't have the time nor the energy to spend in the mirror every morning, noon, and night.


I mean geesh! First you gots to put it on, then you gots to touch it up to keep it on throughout the day AND then you gots to take it all off so you can do it all OVER AGAIN the next day..... yeah, I will pass.

BUT, I do think that it's beyond time for me to smooth out some of the rough edges, I mean I am a lady. *batting my eyes and gripping my gat, daring someone to state otherwise* And well today seemed as good as a time as any to get the ball rolling. So, I spent some money that I didn't really have to spare on some smoothing over tools.

I got me some makeup, I'm sure my cuzzo will be happy that she can finally throw away my makeup that's like 10 years old and been used like 3 times.. (i said i wasn't a girly girl) I also got me some accessories, I'm sure my other cuzzo will be elated cuz now I can stop borrowing hers. And I got me some high hopes and great expectations.....

I am hoping that the transition period for me to feel comfortable in all of this mess isn't a long awkward one and I am expecting my investment to pay high dividends... I mean, there is always room for improvement, and there's nothing wrong with sprucing up your FRESH.

Afterall, I have been so busy doing for others that I have been neglecting myself and well it's a new day, a new dawn and honey I'm about to Upgrade ME!!!!!

"If no one has told you that you are fly, know that I think you are...you may not be as fly as me, but you are the flyest YOU around!"
~Gotta Luv Moi, Cuz I Sure Do (Smooches)

8 comments:

  1. im considered a girly-girl and make-up isnt that bad if you wanna go for a nice natural look try nars or clinique they have great shades for us and they dont smudge or run and they last all day long!!! good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go You!

    I'm a Diva and I don't wear make up all the time.

    My cousing just got me into putting on foundation, bronzer, and blush this year. Prior to, all I cared for was eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss. I still love these 3.

    (I'm following you now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chocolate girl, well makeup is such a task for me because most companies have a hard time matching my complexion...then my skin is so funny. MAC makes my skin feel like it is on fire. I feel so awkward when I wear it especially when all the compliments come in...i be like what did i look like before? a ragamuffin..but i am determined to get to a point where i can at least apply myself and not look like the makeup fell on my face

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ JenellyBean,

    I can count on one hand how many times I have worn makeup and while i am comfortable wearing nothing, I am ready to be DIVA GROWN and sometimes that means putting on your "face" before you go out. I want to look glam but natural...is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for stopping by...please feel free to do so any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will say that I am a fan of eyeliner. It's just something about that black smooth stuff that triggers me. I feel that I am obsessed with it. I carry it in my purse, then there is one in my bathroom, one in my bedroom and I just feel that I NEED it. I guess that would be my drug if it was one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Queen, girl everytime i try and put liner on, i poke myself in the eye...it's a mess..i come out looking like i have a black eye from all the tearing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you can wear make up and look natural.

    Use shades close to your skin and never overdo it.

    ReplyDelete