Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Letting the Healing Begin



How timely was this that I found floating about cyberspace today?   God is indeed truly good all of the time. I have made the first step toward healing and closing that wound I have been pouring salt on for the past 13 years.  I am going to put my faith in God that He will help me with the rest.

Today was kinda rough, but not as rough as it has been.  I slept most of the day away and had to make myself get up because I was determined to break the cycle of how we spent this anniversary in the Past.  I took extra care in getting dress....didn't want to influence my mood negatively.

Ironically, Since I Lost My Baby and Until You Come Back to Me played on the radio without me having to pop in the cd.  The same songs I played over and over 13 years ago today and for the next 6 months.  I must say outside of tears here and there, I got through the songs with a genuine smile on my face.

My mood and emotions were all over the place and my tolerance level was low.  I thought I was going to have to chop Chucky in his throat about 100 times.  So thankful he finally went to sleep.  I worked out and cheated on my diet.... that chocolate was calling my name, but after I ate it I decided that I would have much rather made me a fruit smoothie.   See how things are changing.

I can do this.  I will do this.  Not because failure isn't an option but because when I put my mind to something the only person that can stop me, is me.

Cheers to winning.  See you guys at the finish line where I will not only be cancer free but a happier, healthier me.

"Our future isn't written; therefore, we can change the final chapter at any given moment."

~Gotta Luv Moi, Cuz I Surely Do!!!!!!    Smooches ~

2 comments:

  1. We are winners. The children of champions and the survivors. We don't get by anymore, we go through it & testify in the end.

    Love you Sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is why you are and will forever be my kindred soul! We surely have a testimony to give...our breakthrough is coming.

      love you more brother

      Delete